Thursday 4 September 2008

Billie:The Sun


At just 25 Billie Piper has already been married twice, sunk into suicidal despair and recovered from anorexia. She has topped the charts as a teen pop star and won awards after reinventing herself as a stylish actress.

But now she is putting her hectic lifestyle behind her and facing up to the biggest challenge of her life — motherhood. The eight-months pregnant star, who married actor Laurence Fox last New Year’s Eve after a year-long romance, admits to being more relaxed than she has ever been. And she is loving taking time off work and preparing for the baby.

Billie tells The Sun: “I don’t really sit down and smell the roses, ever, but perhaps I should do it more often. Because right now life is really good, it couldn’t be better.

“I’m very much into being at home at the moment. I don’t know when I’ll work again. I’m really just enjoying relaxing and I can’t imagine doing anything else.”

Billie has come a long way from the pressured pop star who, at 16, came close to trying to take her life with pills in a Chicago hotel room. And there is no doubt she deserves a rest after five years of almost back-to-back filming TV shows including Doctor Who, The Ruby In The Smoke, Canterbury Tales and Mansfield Park.

No comments: