Thursday 15 January 2009

Billie Discusses Life as a Call Girl

Billie Piper was on hand today at the Television Critics Association press tour to promote the second season of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, which will make its American debut on Showtime this Sunday. Clips from Season 2 were shown, in which Piper’s call girl character Belle/Hannah meets a new love interest – one she becomes very close with, even as she continues to keep it secret from him what she does for a living. In the meantime, her professional life is threatened by Bambi, a young new prostitute who angers Belle by trying to take her clients from her. One memorable moment has Belle asked what her personal skills are, and she replies, “I can put a condom on without using my hands.”

Asked if fans have reacted to her differently since the show began, Piper replied with a smile, “Men don’t come anywhere near me anymore. They seem so threatened by me now. They just stare for ages, like I’m going to do something wild and raunchy. Much to their disappointment, that never happens.” She also added, “Lots of guys ask me sex based questions, so it’s an interesting place to be!”

No comments: