Wednesday 20 January 2010

Billie Worried about Call Girl Taunts

The 27-year-old played high-class hooker Belle de Jour in Secret Diary Of A Call Girl.
Piper, who has a 15-month-old boy called Winston with her husband Laurence Fox, said motherhood had changed her attitude towards her work.
The former Doctor Who star said she was not sure that acting leads to a “wholesome family life”.
Piper started filming the ITV2 show in 2007 and a third series is about to air.
The actress told Radio Times: “I feel like there were the carefree, reckless years when all I had was a boyfriend and I wasn’t the face of a family.
“Now I’m a mum, and this time round there were definitely more moments when I questioned what I was doing, whereas before I didn’t really give a ****, it was just a role.”
“But now I had to go home and feed my son, and it’s a radical shift in your brain from being this provocative, man-eating person by day to this new mum at night.
“I’m all too aware that, one day, he’s probably going to be teased about it, tormented even. So there were these moments of: ‘Oh my God, what am I doing?”‘
Piper said she might one day prefer a future outside acting.
“I think that if I was to have more children and holding a family together, I would need to think about branching out into other areas, maybe producing or writing,” she said.
She also revealed her husband was “surprisingly relaxed” about her filming steamy scenes.
“It’s very different from who I am normally, that’s the thing. I don’t wear minuscule outfits. I’m a real cover-up tomboy,” she said.
“He knows that and he’s grown-up enough not to marry those two worlds and get confused by them.
“And it would be such crap to play a prostitute without getting your kit off, wouldn’t it?”

No comments: