Wednesday 20 January 2010

The Return of Belle

The Secret Diary of a Call Girl star talks sex scenes, motherhood and the new Doctor Who.

What’s in store in the new series of Secret Diary..?
“It’s quite radical. Belle’s now an author, and her editor Duncan, played by James D’Arcy, wants her to find more outrageous clients to fuel her writing. I couldn’t do sex scenes for the second series because I was pregnant, so I suppose I’m paying for it this time around.”
Is there any romance on the horizon?
“Her relationship with Duncan is weird and complex. He doesn’t judge her, he encourages her, and she finds that confusing. Apart from her friend Ben, he’s the only guy Belle can confide in.”
How did you feel about the real Belle, Brooke Magnanti, losing her anonymity last year?
“It must have been liberating to unburden herself of that secret, but also frightening because now people will recognise her as this woman who had sex with loads of men. It’s nice for me to share the load with someone though, because I feel I have become the face for prostitution.”
Read more here

No comments: